Chocolate Gifts from Chocolate.com.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Tickled green

You really tickled my funny bone thinking about painting a room bruise green. Although it is funny, I would encourage you to choose another color.

I am so, so sorry I have neglected our communications in the Journal. I have been away having fun and am now so tired I'm not even sure if I should be writing.

Your fascination with bruises had my mind traveling again. Have you ever thought about how many different greens there are in the world? I have a lot of indoor plants surrounding my computer. There are ferns, and spider plants, and cacti and plants with names I have long forgotten. All green and no two alike. The depth of colors is amazing.

I enjoy painting although I don't begin to think I could ever make a living from my art. However, it does leave me with an appreciation of the variety of colors in the world.

I can get lost inside some paintings, especially those by our Impressionist masters. If you ever look closely at a painting by Monet, Manet or any of the other similar artists you will be amazed at the combination of colors they use to create an image. Vincent Van Gogh is one of my absolute favorite artists.

There's a new gallery in Tyrone over behind the Legacy Theater. They have some wonderful art for sale and on display. I talked with the new owners for a while --- they are very nice and knowledgeable. I think it's worth a little trip over there to see some of the paintings.

Ah well, my clock is not ticking correctly yet. My eyes are trying to close and it is only 9 p.m., long before my normal bedtime.

I will try to write again in the morning Miss Etta. I look forward to finding out what you've been doing these past few days.

Miss Faye

No comments:

Mint Julep Journal