Oh be still my panting breath and rapidly beating heart! You just aren't going to believe this. But I bet you will find it amusing.
There I was, being a good neighbor and all, when I strolled over to collect my neighbor's mail and put it in the house for them. You see, they've been out of town and I've been watching the place from my spot on the front porch. I don't have to watch at night since they've got a house sitter for the night.
I've gone over for the past several days to check on things and to let their little puppies out for the call of the wild. Well, there's something wild going on over in those parts and it's not the puppies.
Yesterday, I found all these clothes scattered over the floor. This aroused my curiosity, but then I thought that maybe, just maybe, I wasn't alone in the house. So I made lots of noise with the puppies and noticed the hot tub cover was open with more clothes on the side. Ok. So, the house sitter is messy. No problem for me as sometimes I don't pick up my clothes everyday either.
Then, today. Today. Well, I saw something that no good God fearing woman should ever have to see. I picked up the mail and put the key in the lock. The lock just wasn't doing its thing, so there I was, just trying to make it work. The little puppies were crazily barking.
Hmmm, I thought as I looked in the window. There's a big wine bottle on the counter. Hmmm, I thought. There's a big spill on the kitchen floor. Hmmmm, I saw the call of the wild.
It was a naked, yes, naked man who strolled in to the kitchen to see why the puppies were barking. Now, Ms Faye, I know you would have gotten a big ole grin on your face and perhaps even invited yourself in for a look see.
Let me tell you. It would have taken a microscope to see what was out and about in that room. So, I did the polite thing. I took the key out the door, put the mail back in the box, and scooted on home so I could pour me a double mint julep.
Now the dilemma is whether I tell my neighbor of the shenanigans going on in her absence. Do I just tell her that everything looked ok and that her house sitter seemed to be on top of everything? Or do I ask for the definition of "everything ok"? You know, just like President Clinton really needed to know the definition of "is" and President Obama really needs the definition of "tax"?
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Oh be still my panting breath and rapidly beating heart! You just aren't going to believe this. But I bet you will find it amusing.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Not to mention rude. That man kept everyone in the country waiting for almost 15 minutes. Such arrogance to think that we should all wait on him. It shows such a disdain for everyone in the country.
And another thing. You know I don't have the most brilliant mind or maybe even close to it, but even my little pea brain can figure out that you can't pay for his bazillion dollar plan by cost savings from fixing what the government already broke. My goodness, if it could have been fixed why didn't they already do it?
For those who didn't listen to his talk, he's claiming that he's going to pay for this new program of his by cutting out the waste in Medicare and Medicaid. Now even the dimmest dimwit should be askin' how they expect to do that, and why they haven't already done it, and if the government can't run Medicare and Medicaid without all those zillions of dollars of waste, what makes them think they can run our healthcare any better?
All the government needs to do is just get out of the way and quit putting all those rules and regulations on top of our healthcare folks and it'll work itself out. It's kind of like baking a cake and putting too much salt in the mix. You try to fix it by adding a bit more sugar and then you have to add a bit more flour and then you have to add some more baking soda... pretty soon you got a big mess that won't fit in the oven. So then this healthcare thing Obama is talking about is like saying they're just going to scoop some of that batter out and try to fix it. They'll add a bit more butter, a bit more flour and pretty soon the kitchen will be the biggest mess you've ever seen.
I did not like hearing our President say that people were lying either. That was crass.
He sounded like a pompous school teacher lecturing a classroom of failing students. All he did was make me angry. He must think that we're idiots and he sure enough bought into all those people telling him he was a good speaker. Hooey.
I am going to go find a tea party. Want to join me ladies?
Posted by Georgia Front Page.com at 10:30 PM
Well, I'm just watchin' the clock and waitin' for the President to drop those li'l ol' pearls of doom from his lips tonight at 8 p.m.. I don't reckon I have enough time to get much done so I figured I'd chat a bit with my friends here on the porch.
I suppose sooner or later that new fellah they're getting ready to confirm, Cas Sunstein, will want to outlaw our chats on here along with mint juleps. I hear tell he things animals have the same rights as you and I. Hmph. And rats? My goodness, he doesn't think we should get rid of those nasty things if it'll hurt them. Well, I'll tell you right now that they can outlaw killing rats all they want but if one gets in my house I'll figure out a way to build a mousetrap, government or no government.
What in the world is happening to our world? We have a President who puts communists in the White House, is good friends and respects some nut job who thinks animals should be able to have lawyers and oh law, I could go on and on about this man.
And the real shame is that a body can't say they don't like something he's doing without being called a racist.
I am so tired of listening to this man speak I don't know why I'm going to bother tonight but I will. I know it's just going to aggravate me and get my blood boiling. He smiles and looks at the teleprompter and tells the American public we're idiots and half of us clap. Can these people not see what this man is doing to our country? Are they so blind they can't look ten paces down the road and see where we are headin'?
There just aren't enough people left who have the mind set to look beyond the end of their own nose to see where they're heading. It's all me, me, me and now, now, now.
I am thinking that I will be finding a tea party to visit this weekend somewhere. I can not sit by idly as Mr. Obama and his friends tear down our country. I don't know if it will help any to wave my hands and stomp my feet, but this country wasn't built by people who took care of their own backsides, it took a mighty bunch of fighters.
Before I forget, did any of you ladies take a gander at that new health bill that gang of six fellah is going to try and ram down our throats? I have never seen so many taxes and intrusions into our privacy. Why, it give the IRS even MORE power than they already have! It's just chocked full of regulations, not to mention a tax on soda pop. Yep, sugar sodas. I can't wait to find out how the Coca Cola and Pepsi folks are going to feel about that one!
Time to run if I'm going to fix a beverage before the Obama show begins. I think I will also grab a bottle of antacids to be on the safe side.
Posted by Georgia Front Page.com at 7:41 PM
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
What a morning it is. We've really enjoyed some nice, crisp, cool mornings lately. That global warming is at it again!
Did you know the legacy continues? For the third year in a row, Kentucky has proclaimed September as "Bourban Heritage Month." And our favorite spirit comes in with 13% of a survey for favorite ways to enjoy it.
Bourban has long been a spirit in America as Congress even declared it as "America's Native Spirit" in 1964. So, here's a morning julep juice salute to those over the generations who have believed in the spirit-- of moderation and responsible use. Oh, yeah, here's to the memory of the Irish bootlegger's grandson.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Got it gals. The most postitively best conspiracy theory to propose. All you have to do is look at the headlines and it should pop out to you like it did to me. Ok, I admit it. It became obvious after I filled up my julep juice cup this morning while I was waiting for you friends to show up on the porch.
Mandatory Swine Flu Vaccine Found to be Contaminated with Mind Numbing Drugs
That's just so you don't have to worry your little ole common folk brains about what's going on around you with job losses, higher taxes, health care reform, etc. Just let the elected elite take care of you.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
You gals best be careful as you heave yourselves up on the porch this am. I have been spending time doing something that our esteemed elected officials up in DC can't seem to do-- I've been reading parts of the proposed health bill. And I'm here to tell ya, I'm getting sick just reading it.
What are those folks smokin' up there? Can't they read? Bless my little ole heart, but I'm in need of more mint juleps than I can find this morn.
Can you define "uni" as in universal? Doesn't it mean ONE? Why, then, do the esteemed elected officials and maybe employees of Uncle Sam get to have a second or even third plan? Where is the "uni" in more than one plan? Boys, let me tell ya-- if it's "good" enough for the goose, then it's "good" enough for the gander.
And this health bill ain't good for anyone! Now the title sounds innocent enough- HR 3200 -To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes.
Wait. Hold your horses. What are the other "purposes"? Well , let me share with you some of the purposes-- like ordering death, fixing your estate for you, counseling on your marriage, stepping aside if you are old or sick so others can have health care, government access to your bank account at any time, etc.
Friends, you gotta read this nightmare of a bill. And then you gotta open your mouth loud for all to hear. Get your voice heard by your elected official. Maybe they can come off the drugs that are being fed to them up in Washington and see reality.
Here are some of the wonderful ways in which the proposed health bill will fix you right up. (Thanks to another fired up friend for sending these along.)
If this doesn't make your blood boil over then I don't know what will!!!! esp page 59 and 425 about the living wills and estate taxes.....and what about 170 and 50 and 241 and 253 and...and and....and..... at least you can claim that you read it before your elected representative bothered to.
You may verify these highlights by reading the bill yourself at:
The Government will decide if you will receive life saving treatment if you have a serious disease such as cancer or heart ailments. President Obama’s Chief of Staff has said several times in public that old people and “special needs” patients will just have to step aside when it comes to receiving health care. And this bill is claimed to fix the best health care system in the world. And if you are a veteran and receive care from the VA – no guarantees are included that the VA will not become a “billpayer” and closed to fund the social health system.
What is broke is our Congress and President. They all need to listen to citizens and not special interest groups.
Have you written or called your congressman today!! Let's send a letter as often as possible, and show them who’s in charge at their “town halls”!!!
Take a look at the Health Care Bill the House is now voting on:
• Page 16: States that if you have insurance at the time of the bill becoming law and change, you will be required to take a similar plan. If that is not available, you will be required to take the gov option!
• Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
• Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
• Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
• Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
• Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
• Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
• Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (example: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
• Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
• Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
• Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens
• Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps20to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
• Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
• Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
• Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
• Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.
• Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part -time employees AND their families.
• Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll.
• Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
• Page 167: Any individual who doesnt' have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
• Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT al ien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them).
• Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
• Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax." Yes, it really says that.
• Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor most affected."
• Page 241: Doctors: no matter what speciality you have, you'll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
• Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their professional judgment, etc.
• Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
• Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs.
• Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
• Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems preventable re-admissions.
• Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
• Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing in healthcare companies!
• Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without government approval.
• Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input: in other words, yet another payoff for ACORN.
• Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures: i.e., rationing.
• Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc.
• Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
• Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by phone).
• Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
• Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of time.
• Page 425:=2 0Goverment provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in death.
• Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
• Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
• Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at end-of-life.
• Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.
• Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs for ACORN.
• Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government intervenes in your marriage.
• Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and rationing those services.
Gotta go now. I'm too sick to carry on.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
I'm drooling just thinking about combining two of my favorite southern treats! I have never thought about making a mint julep with PEACHES. Oh me, oh my, it just sets my little ol' taste buds a tingling. I can tell that my butt is going to be sitting in one of these fine places very, very soon to check out this delightful sounding concoction. After I've imbibed a few, I will then have to figure out a way to make a pitcher for my front porch friends!
This came to me via email. They must know how much I love my mint juleps!
Cocktail lovers & fruit enthusiasts,
Celebrate National Peach Month at Atlanta's Gerber Bars, Whiskey Park, Whiskey Blue & the Living Room lounges, by sipping on the newest seasonal cocktail, the Peach Mint Julep. The summer libation is made with fresh diced peaches, handcrafted to pay tribute to Georgia's favorite fruit. If you need an excuse, peaches are great sources of carotene, potassium and natural sugars. Works for us!
If the recipe below doesn't make you drool, we give up.
PEACH MINT JULIP
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
I love it when those who supposedly know everything tell us things I want to hear and believe. Miss Etta, your little vignette saying two alcoholic drinks a day can stave off dementia are in that 'want to and will" believe category. Please, please do not ever tell me that they have decided differently as they are wont to do.
Only two a day though? Well, that is a lady-like amount I do suppose, so I will constrain myself as my Mama would expect.
I have been reading back over some of the doings and goings-on that have been happening on the front porch while I traipse off all over the world. I do so miss rambling with you ladies.
What interesting and very sad times we are living in. Who would have ever thought that our America would so quickly go away?
When I was growing up I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to what they were doing at our Capital. I was off flitting about, being led by my nose at times into believing some mess that was the craze all the while thinking I was being independent and bucking the system.
If it was establishment I was against it.
What I didn't realize is how I was being herded by the media, by those very people I was thinking I was rebelling against. Although, the word rebellion never crossed my mind!
How easily our youth are led. They go to college and are surrounded by a certain mind-set and they swallow it hook, line and sinker. They think they're different, they think they're going to make the world a better place. Instead their sponge-like minds are being saturated with things that ultimately hurt the very thing they think they're fighting for.
Those who are truly individuals, who are truly strong, aren't sucked into the latest campus fads, into voting like their friends, into doing what the herd is doing.
If only they could stand above the fray, somehow move above what the crowd is doing (all being independent! ha) and see what they're really doing. Impossible I suppose.
They think they're working for a better future. They are being spoon-fed crap in strawberry jelly and they think it's good. Some day, some day, they will reap the crop they're sowing and they will look back, as I look back, and see just how stupid they were. They will see that they truly weren't independent. They will see that they just followed the herd.
There are some who buck the crowd, who choose their own path. I think those are the ones who may save the country. Either that or they'll find Galt's Gulch and build their own utopia, away from the masses who have their hands out, who think they're "owed" something.
Well, my ladies, I think it's time to stop this tirade. I am so frustrated and feel so helpless about all I see happening. I want the entire country to show up at the next Tea Party!
Missing you greatly,
The long-lost Miss Faye
Sit down, my friends, before you fall over. I'm beginning to think we all live in a really bad movie.
Our esteemed elected officials up in Washington are considering health care reform. We all know this. But do you know that hidden in the bill are several items that make me refill my julep juice everytime I hear about it?
It would appear that private health care will be a thing of the past. No longer can you choose. I guess that means our esteemed elected officials think we're too stupid to make our our choices about anything. And, I mean anything regarding our health.
Yep, my friends, it would appear the government will choose when you die. What? Yep. If you get sick with whatever defines that in their world, they will choose a doctor who will write end of life orders for you. Excuse me? END OF LIFE ORDERS? What? Now the government will tell us when we are useless to society? Who will they choose first? Those with cancer? Diabetes? Heart conditions? Asthma? Wounded veterans? Automobile accident victims? Burn victims? HIV patients? The common cold?
Oh. And, of course, our esteemed elected officials and federal government employees are exempt. Guess that means they are the only ones approved for life. This gives being pro-life a whole new meaning.
My message? Read the health care bill thoroughly. Let your esteemed elected officials know where you stand.
And all of this is on top of the President saying yesterday that he really didn't have a clue as to what was in the bill. Yet, he's trying to push it through in the next week or so. Hmmm. Inquiring minds want to know--- why?
Monday, July 13, 2009
Ah, my front porch was a might wet this morning. Lots of rain and thunder overnight was in our area. So, after I had to retreat back inside for a towel, I saw a couple of news stories that had me ready for our daily porch swing amblings.
First, I am pleased to announce that official studies now support our little daily use of julep juice. Yeppers, that's right. The study says that older people appear to benefit from one or two alcoholic drinks per day. Seems it's supposed to help keep dementia away. Now they also said we couldn't have more than that, or our chances would increase. I know I'm not that old, but I'm in training to get there.
The other story which caught my eye was one on an interactive exhibition over in Germany that, well, (how does one put it gently?) allows one to touch mannequins in order to learn to please behind closed doors. Can you imagine? Do they have a mannequin that says it has a headache, too? Or one that is too tired? They do have one to measure spanking and other various assorted, well, I can't even say it without blushing.
I best go load up on some morning julep juice to calm down the blush in my face! And you just thought it was the mint in the julep that made me blush!