Chocolate Gifts from Chocolate.com.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Well, dears...

I seem to keep apologizing for not writing and keeping up with all that's happening on our journal. However, I do see that our newest Southern Julep seems to be fallin' down on the job her self, so I am in good company.

I have subscribed to our Journal so I can get your entries right in my inbox. It saves me from having to pop over here and see if either of you ladies have written anything.

I have been on the go once again. It is so nice to have the ability to take off and do things whenever I want thanks to a wonderful husband. Of course, chances are he enjoys it when I am gone just as much as I enjoy it when he is gone. Now don't get me wrong, I love my husband and I love being with him, but I also enjoy "my" time when I can do whatever I want whenever I want.

It's nice to get up and blast the stereo playing some blues or rock n' roll. No television, pizza for breakfast and ice cream for dinner. A glass of wine and a bubble bath with a good book. Curled up in "his" chair with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate. It's like a little mini-vacation when he takes off.

There are not too many things I do differently when he's off on one of his short trips, but somehow it just seems different. When you're married life is different no matter how well you get along and how much you love each other. There is someone else you think about when you're making a decision. When it's time for dinner you're thinking about what the other person might want or whether they're hungry. There are accommodations.

They say that people who are married live longer. I wonder why that is? There are so many unhappy marriages it seems, at least that's the way it's portrayed on the news. They also say that people who have horrible diseases, like cancer, have a higher chance of survival if they interact with people (like going to support groups and things like that). I wonder if that has more to do with the personality of the person than it does the fact that they're around others? I mean, if they have the kind of personality that likes to be around others or seeks out others for support maybe they have a stronger internal ability to fight something. Those who are introspective or choose to fight alone may be dourer, more negative in their outlook.

Even as I'm writing about all these other things I am thinking about Miss Etta's deer. What a picture you painted of your drive!

I couldn't help but think of all the things that I didn't tell my mother until I was older! There are still some things I have not told and probably never will.

Well, I've rambled and rambled and not really said much of anything I think, but I did want to at least say hello and let you all know I have been thinking about you. Maybe one of these days I will break down and get one of those lap top computers everyone seems to have these days.

I promise to try and do better with my writing and I will try to stay home for a while so I have no excuses!

Miss Faye

No comments:

Mint Julep Journal