Chocolate Gifts from Chocolate.com.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chicken Squawk on a Piggy Day

I was out yesterday doing my chicken thing. You know, the kind of mindless talk you have with some friends while you all just stand around and scratch the ground like a big group of chickens? The kind of talk where you can solve all the problems of the world? The kind of talk that just lets you vent your opinion? The kind of talk where you can just squawk and squawk? Yep, it was one of those days.

So many topics to consider this morning. The swine flu, which in truth is a type of human flu, has people so scared that now some folk are afraid to eat pork. I don't see that as a problem, as long as the pork is cooked. And then, there are the folks that say the Big Cheese in DC was conveniently in Mexico right before the breakout. Guess those folks in DC will be using this flu outbreak as their reason to protect us all from our own healthcare and mandate it.

And, then of course, there are the companies who are going in to panic mode. Can you believe it? I just heard of a local employer that will no allow handshakes or hugs. Course, I gotta wonder who has been doing the hugging anyway. Just thinking of having to hug some of the people I've worked with over the years is enough to give me body aches and chills.

And to top it off, there is now a group willing to pay the President something like $25 million for his original birth certificate. Why pay it to him? Why make him rich when all he craves is power? Why not offer it to someone, anyone, who can produce it? Why, there might be a long line from a certain town in an undisclosed location. Bet that money could go a long way for the shrine they are building.

Well, enough of my chicken talk. Enough of my squawking. Now, it's time to make some more julep syrup. Got a big day coming up soon and I've yet to study the horses.

Miss Etta

No comments:

Mint Julep Journal