Chocolate Gifts from Chocolate.com.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Don't Drink Tea, but I Loved the Parties

You know, I made the rounds of the Tea Parties the other day, and I
went as myself, even though I gave careful consideration to wearing a
mask on account of that report stating that the federal government
would be watching very closely and investigating us dissenters. Then I
decided, shoot, my finger prints are already in the system from when I
applied for my gun permit not so long ago, and now that i bank at a
nationalized financial institution, they have access to all my
financial information (not that they didn't already), so off I went in
my very own face. And yes, I smiled the whole time just in case they
were taking my picture.

I'm gonna' tell you what, when me and my 15,000 new best friends sang
the national anthem, why it just gave me goosebumps. (But, no, chills
did not run up and down my leg like they did on that fella who was
following Obama during the campaign said they did him whenever he
heard Obama speak.) (Don't that just beat all?)

But what really warmed my cockles was all those handmade signs bearing
multi-syllable words and expressing complex thoughts. Didn't see the
first one that just said "change" or "hope" or "change you can believe
in." Not the first one.

So all in all, it did my heart good. Let's just hope the momentum is
just beginning.

Till next time,
Miz Vul

No comments:

Mint Julep Journal