Chocolate Gifts from Chocolate.com.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Hit the Road, Not the Pool

Goodness sakes alive. I don't know which has me more upset these days. Is it the weather? Is it the economy and the alleged rescue plan? Or is it the Michael Phelps fall from the pedestal?

I was shocked, yes, just plain out shocked when the photo appeared in which Phelps appears to be bonging it in South Carolina. I think he should be punished and I guess some others agree with me on that point.

I wonder if the law in South Carolina will try him on drug charges, or if that is just too much to ask. The Mr. tells me that Phelps could have been photoshopped in to the picture and that he could always say he had no "intention" of inhaling whatever was in that bong. (Seems like that argument is in vogue in Washington these days.) The Mr. thinks it's a no win situation for the law enforcers there.

On the other hand, I am so glad to hear this morning that Kellogg's has decided Phelps needs to come right of off of that cereal box. And I also hear that USA Swimming has banned him from even jumping up on the pedestal at the pool for three months. Personally, I think it should have been a minimum of 6 months.

At least, someone will try to get the message out to him that he made a BAD choice. That's right, Michael, come on off that pedestal for awhile. You're a champ when swimming but recent events make you less than desirable at our local pool.

Yall go on in now and warm up some.

Georgie

No comments:

Mint Julep Journal