Chocolate Gifts from Chocolate.com.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Flunking Math

Miss Etta,

I have been thinking a lot of late about that famous (much-needed and
successful) historical Tea Party. Glad to hear there's a move afoot to
stage a sequel. Count me in. I'll wear my angry/fed-up/disgusted
American citizen clothes. Just need enough notice to be sure I have
time to wash them.

Girls, I'm gonna' tell you what: math is just not my favorite subject.
Therefore, I don't practice much. Therefore, I'm not especially good
at it. So maybe that's why I am totally confused and perplexed when I
hear Mr. Obama talk about this trimabajillion so-called stimulus
package in all its glorious wonderality then, in the same paragraph,
he assures us that by the end of his first term in office, he will
have reduced the nation's deficit by half. Huh? Can one of you
girlfriends explain that to me? Only thing I can figure is that he's
counting on jacking-up the taxes like nobody's business.

That or he can't remember that his first term is only 4 years.

Gonna' go fix me up a glass of julep and play a little bingo. With the
right size glass, I think I can manage all 4 cards quite nicely.

Till next time,

Miz Vul

No comments:

Mint Julep Journal