Chocolate Gifts from Chocolate.com.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Coming Soon to a Doctor Near You! Orders to Kill from the Government

Sit down, my friends, before you fall over. I'm beginning to think we all live in a really bad movie.

Our esteemed elected officials up in Washington are considering health care reform. We all know this. But do you know that hidden in the bill are several items that make me refill my julep juice everytime I hear about it?

It would appear that private health care will be a thing of the past. No longer can you choose. I guess that means our esteemed elected officials think we're too stupid to make our our choices about anything. And, I mean anything regarding our health.

Yep, my friends, it would appear the government will choose when you die. What? Yep. If you get sick with whatever defines that in their world, they will choose a doctor who will write end of life orders for you. Excuse me? END OF LIFE ORDERS? What? Now the government will tell us when we are useless to society? Who will they choose first? Those with cancer? Diabetes? Heart conditions? Asthma? Wounded veterans? Automobile accident victims? Burn victims? HIV patients? The common cold?

Oh. And, of course, our esteemed elected officials and federal government employees are exempt. Guess that means they are the only ones approved for life. This gives being pro-life a whole new meaning.

My message? Read the health care bill thoroughly. Let your esteemed elected officials know where you stand.

And all of this is on top of the President saying yesterday that he really didn't have a clue as to what was in the bill. Yet, he's trying to push it through in the next week or so. Hmmm. Inquiring minds want to know--- why?

No comments:

Mint Julep Journal