Chocolate Gifts from Chocolate.com.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Huge Bird in My Yard

My, oh my. Have you seen them? They are huge. And I mean, huge.

Let me catch my breath, take a sip of julep juice, and fan myself whilst I tell you of a true story.

I was out filling my bird feeder the other day, when all of a sudden, I thought I was under attack. There was a loud swish and several, huge, and I mean, huge birds up over my head. What were they? My first thought is they were overgrown hawks as I have several hawks back behind my house. My second thought is they were mutant hawks as they were just way too big.

I sat right down on the ground. watched and listened to the flapping of those huge (did I mention how big they were?) wings. Too big to be hawks, not the right size or shape to be my neighborhood blue heron.

My, goodness, they were Bald Eagles. That is the first time I have ever seen a bald eagle, and there it was in my own backyard.

I ran inside to get the camera, but by the time I got back outside, the majestic wonders were circling back behind my neighbor's house. I couldn't get a shot of those beauties, but I could still hear their wings just a flapping.

Just imagine, bald eagles spotted in Fayette County. I hope they will come back. I promise I won't shriek. And I'll try to get my very own picture of them.

Till later, my friends.

Georgie

No comments:

Mint Julep Journal