Chocolate Gifts from Chocolate.com.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Mostly Monikering This Morning

Mornin' Miss Faye and Miss Etta,


Did y'all miss me? I've been looking for my yoga dvd. Bought me a new yoga dvd a coupla weeks ago - an am/pm program with 20 minutes of yoga at both ends of the day. I thought I could handle that all right. Well, I paid for it, brought it home, and promptly lost it. I have torn this house up looking for it. Finally found that little stinker this morning, and now I'm so tired, I'm gonna' have to go take a nap to rest up before I start yogaing.

Y'all crack me up with these names, though. I tell you what, Miss Faye, I think I'm gonna' start calling you Totl - Trouble on Two Legs. That's a good one. And a teensy weensy little ole' mini-poodle named Killer? That's another good one, Miss Etta. Being as how I'm fully into multi-tasking, your practice of using a dog's kneecaps as measuring stick for when to call the plumber really does appeal to me. I sure do hope neither one of you had busted pipes this weekend, but Miss Etta, if you did, I hope you had a kind soul like that manager-girl you had in Doraville to take such good care of you. They got you all fixed-up before you ever got back home. How 'bout that? Probably even dried off Killer's little ole' legs, too.

Talking about names, though: my mama always swore that she was named after her daddy's favorite mule. She knew it. She just knew it. (And I have to say that one of her brothers - the baby one - swears there was enough evidence in Mama's behavior to give credence to her speculation of being named after a mule.) (Little brothers tend to have a keen eye for things like this, I'm told.) But anyway, for one of her big-girl birthdays, Mama stopped by to see her daddy on her way to work. Her daddy gave her the usual birthday apple, birthday bill (of the green, $100 variety), then looked her straight in the eyes and said, "Now I know you've always thought I named you after my favorite mule, but listen here, that's just not true. I actually named you after my mama. But if you want to keep on believing that I named you after my mule, let me tell you what: that was the best damn mule I ever did have."

Did y'all have enough to eat this weekend? Mr. Vul and I trotted over to the grocery store Saturday morning, and while everybody stood in line for the rapidly disappearing milk and bread, we stocked up on winter storm provisions Vul-style: vegetables for soup; fixin's for cornbread; Miss Debbie chocolate snack wafers; and boiled peanuts. We fared fine. Just fine.

Y'all have a fine day now, ya' hear.

Till next time,

Miz Vul

No comments:

Mint Julep Journal